The Jackson County Mass Transit District was established to provide general public transportation services for county residents. Anyone is eligible to ride on the district’s bus system.
To schedule a ride, please call the dispatch center before 5:00 PM at least 24 hours before the ride. For bus service on a Monday, reservations must be made before 5:00 PM on the previous Friday. It is strongly advised to schedule rides at least 24 hours advance.
Call the Dispatch Center to request a ride at:
- 618-549-0304 or 866-884-7433
The JCMTD fare schedule shall be made available to the public via JCMTD website and social media announcements in both standard written format. Alternative formats including Braille and large print are available upon request.
One way fares
- General Public (ages 16 -59) – $2.00
- Seniors (60+) – $1.00
- Children (ages 6 – 15) – $1.00
- Child age 0 – 5 free of charge –must be accompanied by a paying adult or personal attendant (age 16+)
- Personal Attendant, free of charge –must be accompanying children under 5 or a person with a disability
- General public (ages 16-59) – 10 rides – $15
- Seniors (ages 60+) 10 rides – $7.50
- Students with ID – $7.50
- Children (ages 6-15) – $5.00
- 30-Day Pass – Unlimited Rides – $25
Round-trip fares from Carbondale (Route 13 corridor)
- Carbondale to Marion $22
- Carbondale to Herrin $11
- Carbondale to Carterville $6
- All other out of county rate is $1.25 per mile.