We provide the service you need! All JCMTD services deviate from specified routes to provide the best service we can to our community. Whether it is door to door or curb to curb rider can call our dispatch number to reserve a ride to and from their home or other service area locations. They can also access a route at one of the stops listed on this page. When accessing at a stop just tell the driver your destination. If for some reason you need to change your destination while onboard just inform the driver.
JCMTD has three (3) Point-Deviated Routes continually operating on a loop within Carbondale Monday – Friday between the hours of 9:00am-5:30pm and two (2) Point-Deviated Routes on Saturdays 8:00am-2:00pm.
- Schnucks at 915 West Main Street.
- Jackson County Mass Transit District at 602 E College St.
- JC Penney at University Mall (Entrance at Men’s Department).
- Wal-Mart at 1450 East Main Street (Pharmacy entrance)
JCMTD also has two Township Point-Deviated Routes transporting riders between Carbondale and Murphysboro Monday – Friday.
- Pick up location is at the Carbondale Township office, 217 East Main Street at 8:30am, 9:00am, 10:00am, 12:00pm, and 2:00pm.
- There are five (5) designated drop off and pick up locations in Murphysboro for transportation back to Carbondale.
JCMTD has several other Route-Deviated buses and vans operating on a reservation system within Jackson County, call for more details.